Spanish technology at the service of global health
About the company
Since 2013 we have been engaged in the development of a tool to assess visual function in very young children in order to detect visual pathologies as early as possible.
Pediatric ophthalmologist. Co-founder of DIVE Medical
DIVE emerged from the difficulties experienced everyday by ophthalmologists and pediatricians when examining the visual function of preverbal and non-verbal patients. Pediatric ophthalmologists and optometrists from the Hospital Miguel Servet (Zaragoza, Spain) and engineers from the Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain) worked together to develop a device for fast and accurate examination of the visual function in small children. After five years of research, DIVE-Medical S.L. was founded to bring the benefits of this device to all ophthalmologists, pediatricians and optometrists.
Our vision is to ensure that everyone lives at their full potential across lifetime through early vision diagnosis and treatment
Our mission is to provide universal, affordable and effective means to prevent vision impairment and vision-related developmental problems.
We are truthful and honest and follow strong ethical and moral principles all the time and we expect all the great partners we collaborate with to do so.
We aim to provide true and consistent value to everyone we deal with, specially the most challeging patients and all the ones who care for them.
We love diversity and believe in the importance of all stakeholders. We value each person’s ideas and beliefs and the collective power of teamwork
Social recognition and awards
DIVE-Medical has developed a disruptive and novel technology whose impact on society is potentially immense and has achieved the recognition of important institutions, being its activity awarded with several prizes.
‣ eHealth Award
‣ Finalist for the Tercer Milenio Award
‣ Finalist for the Iberus CLH "Emprende" Award
‣ Aid for Research in Vision (ONCE)
‣ Technological Development Projects in Health (DTS)
‣ Health Research Projects (FIS)
‣ Foundation for Innovation and Foresight in Health in Spain (FIPSE) Project
‣ Mobile World Congress (Barcelona, Spain)
‣ Huawei Innovation Day and Eco Connect Day (Paris, France) Presentation Marta Ortín minute 25
‣ Huawei Connect (Shanghai, China) · Interview Victoria Pueyo · Presentation Victoria Pueyo (51’50”)
‣ Intramural Call for the Promotion of research of the IIS Aragón